The WILD program is a youth mental health prevention and intervention program designed to educate, motivate, inspire and empower youth to live healthier, more active lives in the outdoors. The program utilises Bush Adventure Therapy, Experiential Education and Health and Wellness workshops to facilitate positive behaviour changes. Through the real-life adventure experiences teens will learn self-management, interpersonal and social skills, as well as skills and strategies for improving their mental and physical health, ultimately resulting in healthier, confident, capable, resilient young adults, who have the ability to cope with the challenges in life.
The program will;
- Increase knowledge of strategies for staying mentally and physically healthy
- Create and maintain supportive environments which are conducive to good mental and physical health
- Provide opportunities for social inclusion and connection
- Improve their understanding of the catalysts of good mental and physical health and develop their knowledge and skills to be able to take action, creating positive behaviour changes
- Develop their knowledge and skills to be able to manage challenging situations such as bullying and discrimination and know how to respond in such situations
- Improve knowledge of how to seek help and where too
- Reduce sedentary behaviours and increase physical activity
- Increases resilience and ability to cope with challenges in life
- Improve confidence and self esteem
What does WILD mean?
W- Well-being; Learn new skills and strategies for self-care, making steps towards improved mental and physical health.
I – Inspire; Inspired to make positive behaviour changes in their life, helping to reach their full potential.
L – Learn; Education is the most powerful tool, by providing opportunities to try new things and by challenging ourselves, we learn just what we are capable of.
D – Discover; Through Adventure we discover ourselves.
Commences: Term 2, Afternoons 4pm – 6pm
Days and Dates to be confirmed.
Register in Full or Register and Pay in 3 Instalments
For more information, ask us here or call Kym on 0459 124 646