The WILD program is a holistic program which will educate, motivate and inspire your teenager, to make informed choices about their own future, learn strategies and tools to help manage their wellbeing, reduce feelings of isolation and create a sense of connection with the world around them. Adventure Connections is different because we utilise the outdoors, adventure experiences, and wellness activities to create the perfect, holistic, experiential learning environment.
Through the real-life experiences teens will learn and reflect, developing new self-management, interpersonal and social skills, as well as skills for recreating safely in the outdoors, ultimately resulting confident, capable, mature teens.
What does WILD mean?
W- Well-being; Learn new skills and strategies for self-care, making steps towards improved health and wellbeing.
I – Inspire; Inspired to make changes in their life, helping to reach their full potential.
L – Learn; Education is the most powerful tool, by providing opportunities to try new things and by challenging ourselves, we learn just what we are capable of.
D – Discover; Through Adventure we discover ourselves.
The 5-week program
- Small group size (Up to 16 participants)
- 12- 18 years of age
- Fun and challenging 5 week adventure-based program featuring; four 2 hour sessions after school which helps to prepare participants for an overnight weekend hike and camp with the Bibbulmun Track Foundation. (all equipment and food provided).
- Topics covered in the program can include; Identity, Vision for the Future, Goal Setting, Self Esteem, Confidence, Challenge, Wellness and Self Care, Trip planning, Navigation, and Camp Cooking.
Commences: Term 3, Thursday afternoons 4pm – 6pm
Week 1 25th of July – Ern Halliday
Week 2 1st of August – Ern Halliday
Week 3 15th August – Ern Halliday
Week 4 22nd August – Bibbulmun Track Foundation
Week 5 29th August – Gear Collection for the Hike
31st of August – 1st September Hike Weekend
Register in Full or Register and Pay in 3 Instalments
Benefits to your family:
- Increases resilience and ability to cope with challenges in life
- Boosts Confidence and self esteem
- Access and opportunity to try a variety of recreation activities in a safe environment, led by professional facilitators
- Connects youth with the benefits of being in nature
- Learn new skills and tools for handling the challenges that life throws at us.
For more information, ask us here or call Kym on 0459 124 646